Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Human Potential

Is it possible for us to reach in and use all of our God given potential? In my opinion, we first need to recognize the six areas of human potential. They are Physical, Mental, Spiritual, Social , Emotional, and financial. Suppose we could use them all, what would be our level of accomplishment? This is a question that, more than likely, cannot be answered in our lifetime. I remember back in the 70s and 80s, scientist claimed that we only use about 10% of our mental capacity. Well, that was then. Now, the experts say that we only use a meager 1% of our very powerful minds. 1%!!! That information disappoints and excites me at the same time. For me to think that I only use 1% of my effort is very disturbing. As a life long athlete, I always prided myself with the thought that I give it my ALL! Some may say that athletics is simply physical and I would agree, except that the Mind controls every single move you make. The excitement comes from the fact that some way, some how we can reach within ourselves, find and use all or the wonderful treasures in us and become all we were meant to be. Lets step out of our little1% zone, commit to learn new tasks, read, find out what we really enjoy doing, expect to improve and even begin to teach others to expand. This is all possible because you now have a better understanding as to the possibilites that lie within your grasp. I have mainly focused on the mental aspect of your journey and, in fact, have just barely touched on it but, hopfully, have given you some food for thought. Begin now to use your abilites and think creatively of ways to strenghten your desire to reveal all the hidden resources within you. What is your true potential? Wouldn't you like to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment